Sunday, March 2, 2008

One of the secrets of life

James Taylor sings that the secret of life is enjoying that passing of time. While I don't disagree with him I do think their are other secrets as well.

I came to the conclusion recently that there is another secret to a happy life. The secret is simple. You are going to make mistakes in your life. You are fooling yourself if you think otherwise. So the secret is to surround yourself with people that will allow you to make the mistakes and to become a better person because of it.

This specifically includes who you choose to marry and who you choose to work for. I lucky enough to have a wonderful wife that allows me to make mistakes and to learn from them. I am also lucky enough to work for someone that is interested in the personal growth of his employees as he realizes it will ultimately benefit the company. So I am allow to make mistakes at work as well.

The other really interesting thing about it is that you have to ask yourself the question....am I being that kind of person to the people around me? In other words, do you allow people around you to make mistakes?

No comments: