Tuesday, December 4, 2007




I suppose my predisposition towards an Apple computer or "Mac", as it is lovingly referred to, was due to my close proximity to those that regularly used Windows based PC's. Not that they had an affinity for them, it was what was put in front of them and it was what they were used to. I too was always exposed to a PC and never a mac.

Well all of that changed last month when work asked me if I wanted to replace my 2 year old Dell laptop with a 24" IMac. I looked it over and decided that I would give it a shot. The owner and one of the engineers spoke so highly of it that I wanted to give it a try. I knew there was no going back whether I liked it or not.

So I took the plunge. I went to Best Buy and bought a brand new 24" IMac. This thing was HUGE. I mean it was HUGE. For the first few weeks I had it, I had to unprogram myself from all the years of working with Windows based products.

I can say without a shadow of a doubt that Windows is already lagging behind Apple. The problem is that Windows is so entrenched in the marketplace that no one knows anything different.

If you haven't tried a Mac and you get a chance.....do it. If you are one of those staunch Windows loving people then just know that you do NOT know of what you speak. Apple has their stuff together.

No comments: