Monday, December 31, 2007

Is God vain?

Why do you think God requires/asks us to worship him? Is it because he is vain? Obviously he desrves it but don't we think more highly of those that deserve praise and worship but do not ask it of us?

Is he vain for asking for our praise and worship?

I believe there is more to him asking for us to praise and worship him. I believe there is a deep psychological meaning to why God wants us to focus on him and not ourselves. I believe it is because he knows that we can operate at the highest level possible when we are thinking about him and not ourselves. I believe this is why he also tells us to think of other before ourselves. I believe God welcomes those that are angry with him. He knows that our lives are tough. He knows that we are incapable of living our lives to the fullest without his knowledge and wisdom.

So in addition to offering our praise and worship to God because he deserves no less, you should praise and worship God because he knows that it will greatly benefit you psychologically as well as spritiually.

Thank you God for another incredibly blessed year in your care. You have blessed me and my family without measure. You are truly the most important thing in our lives. We offer ourselves to you in 2008. Please use us in the best ways possible to allow people to see your glory in us. Please continue to look after me and my family as we navigate through next year. Please help us all to make the best decisions possible regarding our jobs, our money, our family and most importantly in our relationship with you.

We praise you with our whole heart and with our whole mind.

No comments: