Thursday, February 15, 2007

I DID IT!!!

You ever have one of those days when everything comes together? For a basketball player, the basket seems three times normal size. For a golfer, the cup has a diameter the size of a basketball. Today, I did something I had never done before and I am so excited. I set out to analyze the log files for our web servers at work. Originally I had planned just to export my findings to a flat file and do something with them later.

However, as the process unfolded I was able to create a new database using MYSQL. I also wrote a program that automatically imports the daily analysis of the web logs into my newly created database.

It is when I have days like this that build on what I can do for the future. I love having days like this.

2 comments:

SRH said...

I like the vacuum posts better... :)

Zany Mama said...

You are da man! (And by "da man", I mean a guy who does something so foreign to me that I can barely understand it.)