Thursday, April 12, 2007

...with her finger and her thumb in the shape of an L on her forehead

So there we were....sitting around the dinner table.

My beautiful daughter is using sign language to communicate things like Jesus and beautiful and I love you.

Then I get the bright idea to look at her and put an L on my forehead and ask her "Hey what does this mean?" B shouts "Don't teach her that!" To which I reply "Oh JC it just means "I love you" in French sign language"

To which B replies..."No it does not...don't tell her that she will do it to her pre-school teacher"

For the next several minutes JC keeps making the new sign that I taught her. Then the sweet 2 year old JH III starts doing it.

Now I am getting some great looks from my bride.

"Great...when her pre-school teacher calls and says that she was making some rude gestures to other kids...YOU can be the one to go to the conference to explain it..."

NOTE to self....nix showing more creative finger geatures to the kids!

No comments: