Monday, June 4, 2007

Have you ever felt the rush of getting away with something?

I have never fancied myself as someone that was a constant breaker of the law. Rarely do I speed, I don't shop lift, I keep the tags on my car up to date, I almost never allow my driver's license to expire.

So if I do violate the law it is going to be for a very minor infraction. You see I have this fear of prison and jail. Call me crazy but I don't want to experience some of the unique situations that occur while in jail.

I remember when I was in college and a group of us made a covert trip to the back of a grocery store to make off with milk carton crates. I remember the incredible rush I felt when we were driving away with our booty. I realize it was not a major offense but the feeling was real none the less.

Tonight we had to make a pit stop in the new build area of our subdivision because the pile of scrap was beginning to grow rather large in my drive way. 20 years later the feeling just wasn't the same. Granted I did not want to get caught and have to pay a fine. But I knew I wasn't going to jail.

MAN I have to get a life!

No comments: