Sunday, June 24, 2007

Laser Quest

My wife has said that I have lived the birthday party of an 8 year old for the last week. Today was no exception. My best friend KS and I and his family all went to the Laser Quest facility in North Richland Hills, Texas.

KS and I had experience in playing a laser tag type game back in our post high school days. The laser tag of that day was called photon. Laser Quest is much more advanced compared to Photon. The laser gun actually sends out a red laser beam to indicate what target you are hitting. We purchased a three game set.

The first game was basically me, KS, his wife, one other adult and about 7 kids under the age of 10. It was very much like shooting fish in a barrel. I did not take "much" pleasure in racking up the highest score in the first game because it was at the expense of a bunch of small kids.

The second game included several more kids under ten but it also included a group of teenagers. My killing spree ability was severely curtailed because of the higher abilities of the teenagers. I only came in second.

The third game included another group of kids and a few more adults. I came in third. All in all I had fun and I got to spend time with my best friend and his cool family. I am hoping to move down to this area to be able to spend more time reliving our childhood.

Did I mention that we played a lot of Xbox 360 this week?

1 comment:

Randy said...

You're lucky this happened after I left. Because if I had been around and not been included in the laser quest, you would pay dearly!